Back To The Basics In Black & White
Somedays I like to go back to the basics with a black and white ensemble. Although I love color, the simplicity and sophistication of a two-tone wardrobe is always very appealing. That is because without much effort, the classic color combination offers an immediate sense of sophistication. When I wear black and white, I like to mix different patterns and textures in order to add personality. Make it my own. I find that a graphic print in black and white is a fun way give the timeless combo a fresh twist, which is exactly what inspired today's look! Today I'm wearing a black and white marble print drape midi dress by a favorite Australian label of mine, Talulah. While the print is a stand-out, the unique cut of the dress also instantly appealed to me. Specifically the asymmetrical straps. They add just the right amount of interest to the otherwise simplistic cut. I opted to pair the dress with my favorite Prada cutout pumps and Celine Trapeze handbag. The cutouts and patent leather add a nice dose of texture without taking the look over the top.
- Talulah Marble Drape Midi Dress (shop similar by BCBGMAXAZRIA, BCBGMAXAZRIA & Rebecca Minkoff )
- Forever 21 Cat Eye Sunglasses (shop similar at Shopbop and in brown)
- Celine Trapeze Handbag
- Prada Black Suede Cutout Detail Pumps (shop leather version or similar by Diane von Furstenberg, Sam Edelman, & Stuart Weitzman)
- Prima Donna Akoya Ear Jackets in Pearl/Gold
- butter LONDON Nail Lacquer