Bringing Home a New Puppy
What's 10x better than bringing home a new pair of heels? Bringing home a new puppy! I adopted Loula about two months ago from a local adoption agency, which I found through petfinder.com. She is an Australian Shepard and German Shepard mix with a whole lot of energy! Although only time will tell, her veterinarian predicts she will probably grow to about 40 lbs (the perfect size for someone living in the heart of Seattle, I'd say)! Since she has instantly become the center of my life, I thought I would share all the details on bringing home a new puppy.
As you can tell, pink is her color. However, it was too hard to pick just one leash or one collar, so I picked a few out for her. For everyday, the Yark ombre pink dip-dyed Hadley dog collar and leash are her casual go-tos. Dip-dyed to perfection, the Hadley collar is chic yet built for comfort. For long walks, the Flexi Vario tape leash is great because of its tape guidance and easy braking system. When she is feeling fancy, the Hound Collection collar in rich white leather is her collar of choice. And since monogramed accessories are all the rage, she has the Graphic Image handmade italian leather dog collar and leash with "Loula" inscribed.
For playtime, I found an assortment of pink puppy toys specially designed for teething and soothing sore gums. While the KONG Wubba ballistic hippo is perfect for playing together, the KONG puppy binkie entertains her for hours while I work. Not only did I find toys for teething and exercise, but also for mental stimulation. The Nina Ottosson dog brick is a fun interactive dog toy that stimulates her brain as she tries to guess where I've hidden her treats.
When it comes to meals, I've been using the Northmate interactive slow pet feeder. It is a specially designed feeder, shaped like a tuft of grass, that turns your dog’s meal into a challenging game that prolongs eating time significantly and reduces the risk of gulping and bloat. All you do is scatter the desired amount of dog food across the feeder and it is up to your dog to push the food out between the many blades of grass.
- Northmate Interactive Slow Pet Feeder
- Nina Ottosson Dog Brick Plastic Interactive Dog Toy
- Graphic Image Handmade Italian Leather Dog Collar
- Graphic Image Handmade Italian Leather Dog Leash
- Yark Ombre Pink Dip-dyed Hadley Dog Collar
- Yark Hadley Dog Leash
- Hound Collection Collar in Rich White Leather
- Flexi Vario Tape Leash
- KONG Wubba Ballistic Hippo Dog Toy
- KONG Puppy KONG Dog Toy
- KONG Squeezz Crackle Dumbell Dog Toy
- KONG Tuff ’n Lite Pig Dog Toy
- KONG Puppy Pinkie
- Sam Edelman Eyelet Cutout Dress (also available here)
- Valentino Rockstud Leather Sandals (shop similar Valentino Rockstud Ankle-Wrap Thong Sandal & Rebecca Minkoff Georgina Studded Sandals)