The Key to Wearing a 70s Inspired Flared Sleeve
Recently, I've enjoyed playing with volume and adding new shapes to my wardrobe like bell sleeves. Today's outfit is a super simple look that I love because it is anything but boring! I'm wearing an airy long sleeve top paired with ripped high waisted skinny jeans and silver accessories. I love the top because its flowy chiffon fabric and trumpet sleeves create a feminine flair that is simply addictive to wear. The key to wearing a 70s inspired flared sleeve is that I've opted to balance out the volume of the top, in order to maintain some sort of waistline and silhouette, by pairing it with my favorite skinny jeans. The high waistline of the jeans perfectly pairs with the short hemline of the top and the subtly destructed details on the jeans add an easygoing, style-minded touch. The combination of the dreamy top and perfectly scuffed-up knees, is truly the best of both worlds in my eyes. That is to say that together the combination is girly yet effortlessly cool.
- Forever 21 Shirred Trumpet-Sleeve Top (shop similar short sleeve version)
- DSTLD Jeans Ripped High Waisted Skinny Jeans (on sale!)
- Chloe Faye Small Suede and Calfskin Clutch (also available at SAKS and in larger size)
- Prada Absolute Ornate Cat Eye Sunglasses (Or rent them using Ditto - use code STYLESSEATTLE to signup for a free month)
- STEVEN by Steve Madden Rykie Sandals
- Prima Donna Pearl Akoya Ear Jackets