5 things to do in Nice, France
Bonjour again! Today I'm sharing photos from my time in Nice, France. As I mentioned in my previous post, Nice is the heart of the French Riviera. Tourist season can start as early as March, however May was perfect with regards to enjoying beautifully warm weather and avoiding any sort of crowds. I spent quite a few days in the city so I was able to check-out many local points of interest. My top 5 things to do in Nice, France include:
- Castle Hill (Colline du Château) - one of the first things I did in Nice was visit Castle Hill. Although you have to climb nearly 300 feet of stairs to reach the top of the hill, it is totally worth it to view the sweeping panorama views of Nice and the Bay of Angels or Baie des Anges (above you'll find photos from the lookout).
- Old Town (Vieille Ville) and Marche aux Fleurs street market - I spent a lot of time in this small area near the beach exploring its charming restaurants and beautiful flower and fruit market.
- Promenade des Anglais - since the 19th century, the English chose the Bay of Angels as their favorite winter vacation destination and thus gave their name to maybe the most famous promenade in the world. The busy sidewalk next to the sea adds the perfect cosmopolitan touch to the oceanfront city.
- Jardin du Monastere de Cimiez - I made a last-minute decision to visit this location and was so glad to not have missed it! It is one of the oldest gardens on the French Riviera; the layout has remained unchanged since 1546! The garden surrounds a Franciscan monastery and offers fantastic views of Nice.
Additionally, I must add that I researched so many hotels in Nice. It is always hard to know where to stay in a city when you haven't visited before. I can't tell you how happy I was when I checked into the Hyatt Regency Nice Palais de la Méditerranée. It's perfectly located on the Promenade des Anglais in the heart of Nice. I easily walked to all of the destinations above, except the garden as it is a bit outside of the downtown area. You can see the view from my hotel room here.
- Ivy & Blu Black and White Striped Crepe Cap Sleeve Romper
- Long-Sleeve Lace Short Romper (shop similar by Alexis, Zimmerman, Missguided, & Myne)
- Valentino Taupe Suede 'Hitch On' Buckle Detail Monk Strap Stiletto Heels
- Sam Edelman Silvia Animal-Print Wedge Sandals
- Danielle Nicole Alexa Faux-Leather Bucket Bag
- Mott 50 Gisele Straw Hat
- Chanel Black Espadrille Shoe (shop similar by Jimmy Choo)
- CHLOE Translucent Turtledove Square 56mm Sunglasses (shop similar Chloe sunglasses here, here, & here)
- CELINE Black Round Frame New Audrey Sunglasses
- San Diego Hat Company Farmer Straw Boater's Hat